- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pay Patrol Annual dues by February 15th.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic horsemanship, as outlined in the ARP Trail Patrol Manual.
- Maintain a minimum $500,000 Personal Liability Insurance. (Alternate plan available)
- Provide proof of Auto Insurance if driving into Parkway.
- Wear complete uniform and present a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Attend four of six General Membership meetings per year.
- Carry personal cell phone.
- Be familiar with Park Regulations and Patrol Policies and Procedures.
- a minimum of one two-hour ride per month in Parkway
- a minimum one "work party" in Parkway
- an occasional event as requested by Sacramento County Regional Parks.
- Maintain a log of personal volunteer hours.
- Carry Parkway maps and local Emergency phone numbers.
- "Ride with a buddy" - recommended.
- The Patrol horse must be a mare or gelding at least four calendar years old, calm and of good disposition on the Parkway trails and around people.
- The horse and rider becomes qualified by taking at least two "qualifying rides" with different "Qualifiers".
- Volunteers must patrol only on a horse on which he/she has been qualified.
Trail Patrol Uniform consists of:
- Blue Jeans and white sleeved uniform shirt with Trail Patrol sleeve patches.
- Optional recommended Patrol windbreaker and cap (both available through Patrol).
- Brass Nametag (available through Patrol).
- Appropriate clean boots and Western or English tack.
- Members must attend at least 4 of 6 General meetings each calendar year ... held the 3rd Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November.
- General meetings are at 7:00PM, Board meetings at 6:00PM.Meetings are held at the Volunteer Center: Effie Yeaw, Ancil Hoffman Park, 6700 Tarshes Dr, Carmichael, CA 95608, USA